Flora of the Black Hills
Robert D. Dorn
Illustrations by Jane L. Dorn
x + 377 pages
Rocky Mountain Herbarium
Department of Botany, Dept. 3165
University of Wyoming
1000 E. University Ave.
Laramie, WY 82071-3165
The Black Hills support an unusual assemblage of plant species from the Rocky Mountain Forest Flora, the Northern Forest Flora, the Eastern Deciduous Forest Flora, and the Great Plains Flora. This diversity in the vegetation results in a relatively large flora of 1260 species. The area has been an important focal point for studies in plant geography. This book provides keys for identifying the vascular plant species and also treats the plant geography and plant ecology of the area. It is intended for both amateur and professional.
Special features include:
- over 200 illustrations including 47 illustrations in glossary
- keys to families, genera, and 1260 species
- descriptions to all families and genera
- sections on plant classification and plant identification
- sections on the Black Hills - geography and climate, historical vegetation, present vegetation, and early collectors
Copies are $8.00 plus $2.00 shipping and handling. For Wyoming orders add sales tax of $0.48.
Thus $10.00 for out-of-state orders; $10.48 for Wyoming orders
Please make checks payable to the "Rocky Mountain Herbarium"; the use of credit cards is not allowed by UW.
Questions? Contact Ronald L. Hartman, Curator, Rocky Mountain Herbarium:
firstname.lastname@example.org; 307/766-2236; FAX 307/766-2351