Second Edition - 1999
Jane L. Dorn and Robert D. Dorn
Illustrations by Jane L. Dorn
iv + 187 pages
Mountain West Publishing
Rocky Mountain Herbarium
Department of Botany, Dept. 3165
University of Wyoming
1000 E. University Ave.
Laramie, WY 82071-3165
- 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 inches, iv + 187 pages, paperback
- designed to be used along with a general field guide
- 31 illustrations stressing characteristics poorly represented in field guides
- 437 species and 10 additional races treated, with information on (1) seasonal status, (2) early, late, and peak migration dates for migrants, (3) characteristic habitat, (4) good places to find, and (5) distribution maps which also show seasonality and status
- directions to the best birding places in each of the 23 counties and Yellowstone Park, at least two and as many as nine per county, total of 124 places along with 12 maps
- directions for 10 different day-tours throughout the state designed to maximize the number of species that can potentially be seen, each tour includes a map
Copies are $18.00 plus $1.00 shipping and handling. For Wyoming orders add sales tax of $1.08.
Thus $19.00 for out-of-state orders; $20.08 for Wyoming orders
Please make checks payable to the "Rocky Mountain Herbarium"; the use of credit cards is not allowed by UW.
Questions? Contact Ronald L. Hartman, Curator, Rocky Mountain Herbarium:
firstname.lastname@example.org; 307/766-2236; FAX 307/766-2351